Shopping Ban Update # 1
I thought it would be a good idea to do an update every few weeks.
Overall Thoughts: It’s going good. I haven’t been tempted to buy anything. But I was not able to stop myself from browsing online once in a while. Ebay and Poshmark are my poison of choice. I am happy to report that I am able to moderate the dosage of internet time when compared to before.
I had to go to the mall to help my friend pick a wedding suit. He liked a few things but we are still not ready to pull the trigger. I spent $18.95 on a MAC lipstick while I was there. I came home and did not like it enough to keep. Why God? Why do you send me to the mall when I am on a shopping ban? Why does makeup look good in the store and look so bad at home? Ughhh! I will be returning the lipstick the next time we go Suit Shopping.
Things that tempted me:
- Victorian Inspired Blouses : I have always loved lace collared tops – slightly Victorian inspired, yet modern enough for casual wear. I was so happy to see them come back in trend last year. Honestly, the few lace ruffled blouses that I tried last year did not work on me. This one was a tiny bit tempting. But then, a simple jersey-cotton blouse that needs dry cleaning? Also, I had such terrible luck with Rebecca Taylor clothes in the past. The quality of some of their clothes is worse than the usual fast fashion culprits. For now, I will take solace in the bad reviews 🙂
- Comme Des Garcon Play Striped Tee in Green : I saw a second hand one on Poshmark for a third of the retail price. It is so hard to find CDG Play at consignment stores. Most of the CDG Play T shirts on Ebay are very fishy and look fake. What a treat to find an authentic one in my size! Then I reminded myself that green may not really go with the rest of my wardrobe. I would rather buy a CDG Play in plain black or black stripe instead, when the time is right.
- I did NOT chase any pairs of shoes. Wohooo!!
Other things I focused on:
- Cleaned up a bit of my closet. I have so many things that I don’t fit into anymore. I was finally able to put some of them up for sale.I even sold an Everlane blouse that was sitting in my closet for almost an year without much wear.
- Hosted 3 dinners and all of them were a success, if I may say so myself.
- I am yet to clear my shoe closet and sell or donate a few.
- I discovered a few new bloggers that I am really digging right now. I added a few more items to my Favorite Reads. Please feel free to check it out.
- Overall, I got tempted less times this week. I found other activities to do, like finally opening those adult coloring books!!
Were you tempted by anything recently? Did you love it enough to buy it? Are you getting ready to make spring and summer purchases?