Things that I want but don’t need…
This is pretty much a list of what I am coveting right now. For each item, I wrote my own reasons for ‘talking myself out of it’. Well, it is more fun to reason with yourself than just buying stuff!
#1 Camel Coat: I want a luxurious wool camel coat. I love the look of Joseph Man Coats and Max Mara ones.
- I am not sure if a camel coat inspired by men’s tailoring will look good on me.
- Living in Arizona, I don’t see myself getting the best wear out of it. It could end up being too expensive, unless I wear it for at least a decade from now.
#2 Manolo Blahnik / Jimmy Choo Black Pumps: I have been talking about getting a pair of these for a while now.
- I have too many shoes at this point. I am worried that I might not actually wear these pumps enough to justify their price.
- I am not sure about the wear and tear of both these brands. I am the kind of person who will wear the same shoes 3 days in a row.
#3 Manolo Blahnik Hangisi: I want to buy a ‘show stopper’ pair of shoes! The kind of shoes that elevate an outfit.
- I am afraid that they look beautiful only in my head and I would end up looking a little ‘too cute?’
- They cost about a $1000! Enough said!!
#4 Dresses from MM LaFleur: I want to add two dresses to my ‘work uniform’. MM LaFleur‘s is a working girl’s answer to Everlane. I love their line up and their story.
- Of all the above, these are two things I would definitely get great use out of. Just that the price and the lack of promotional 40% off that I got used to at other retailers is making me hesitate.
- I prefer the cost per wear for my work clothes to be less than $5. So with each dress around the $200 mark, I need to get AT LEAST 40 wears out of each dress. Decisions, Decisions!
#5 Checkered or Gingham Print Midi Dress: I love a good midi dress. I have these two on the radar.
- My shopping ban is stopping me. I ask myself if I could wear either of them for work! Stalling, Stalling!
- My closet is overflowing with clothes I cannot wear to work. So, I want to revisit these two items after a month. Chances are they will be sold or discounted or even better, I’d have forgotten about them
THE LUST LIST
#6 Chanel Double Flap bag: No bells and whistles. Not the Boy Bag, not the chevron style. Just the good old double flap quilted bag. This would be the my ultimate style purchase.
- I could buy so many other things with that money.
- Every fashion blogger has one.
- I can’t justify buying it until I have achieved a personal or a career milestone. That just makes me want to work extra hard. Fingers crossed.
#7 Celine Box Bag: This is the one bag I fall in love with, each time I look at it. I prefer the mini on my person. But, I keep mulling over this for two reasons:
- The price! I cannot buy the Chanel Flap and a Celine Box Bag. I wouldn’t get enough use out of both, if I had both!
- The Mini barely fits anything!
#8 Carolina Herrera / Oscar De La Renta Dress in Silk: I have been wanting a beautiful silk dress for a while now.
- I don’t have an occasion to wear it. So, I better save my money and actually buy it when there is an occasion!
- I already have enough party/ cocktail dresses already! There is The RealReal whenever I need it.
The count stands at:
Coats/ Jackets: 1, Shoes: 2, Dresses: 4, Bags: 2
What is on your wishlist this fall? Do you talk yourself out of purchases?